Wednesday, August 20, 2008

This Marriage Is In Trouble...I Think We Need Counseling...

What do you mean, we're fine...Do you hear the shit that you have me listening too...Come on, this is too much for me...Whatever happened to the days when you would woo me with insatiable lyrics such as "There be some love making, heartbreaking, soul shaking love"...Or remember the time when I was going through some things and you came to the rescue with "My Life"...Whats up baby...Tell me what I have to do to make things like they used to be...I guess it will never be the same, I mean you told me in your own words "Its never as good as the first time"...But why must it be this way...Why must you who once was a rebel now conform to this garbage lingo, bubble gum nonsense, and expect me to live in this household when I am truly partial to the first...I can't go on this way...Either you change up your ways or I will be forced to leave you...Trust me I already have one foot outside the door...:SCENE:

Don't get me wrong counselor, he/she isn't all bad...Every now and again I fall in love once more...Just yesterday I was listening to the promo album "Fearless", by one of the children Jazmine Sullivan...I thought my heart was going to explode with joy...It satisfied me, but shortly afterwards I fell back into this devastating hatred...Its just an up and down relationship...Am I expecting perfection...Yes,Yes, I am...I know the capabilities..."I Want You"..."Extensions Of A Man"..."Maxwell's Urban Hang Suite"..."Rapture"..."My Name Is Joe"...Were pure perfection...So please excuse me if I have a hard time burying my anger for "Crank Dat"..."Wobble"...and shit such as "Marco Polo"...I have every damn right to be disgruntled, perturbed, perplexed, annoyed...Maybe I should just take "A Long Walk"...Figure this shit out...:SCENE:

What do you mean, why do I have such high expectations for the melody that is slowly diminishing?...Well because I'm stubborn and I believe that deep down below this mockery of itself...Once more I can/ will be pleased...I shall forever hold on to the days of "Building A Mystery"...I shall forever reminisce of "Reminisce"...Even though I try I "Can't Let Go"...I'm spoiled, fucking got it bad do you hear me...This love-affair began when I was too young to understand the love, warmth, pain, joy and self description behind the lyrics...I remember impeccably the first time I heard "This Masquerade"...Daddy was smoking a HOYO de MONTERREY cigar and sippin the wino...Me, myself and I, well I was in a trance...The smoothness, how George Benson made that guitar weep, the classy piano notes...Bought a tear to my eye...I was lost in the masquerade...Or the first time I was blessed to hear "The Secret Garden"...My parents were boning at the time, and I had no business up past my bedtime, but it was just so mesmerizing...Al B. Sure kicked things off with his infamous "Oh" and I knew it was on...James, James, James Ingram told me there was a melody that we could sing together...And that we did...Barry, well there are no words...And I touched myself repeatedly when Eldra said "If you think I'm gonna take care of you...If you think I got what you need...Sho you right"...Oooohhhh, excuse me once again...:SCENE:

Do I think that we can work this out?...Absolutely, but only if the promise is made that one day the melody in which I vowed to spend an eternity with will return...If not, I must say my goodbyes...For I shall not continue down this path only to be disappointed in the end...But then again, its totally worth it...For Music I will make that sacrifice...:SCENE:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found out that Maxwell is going to be performing everywhere but here! *sigh* Oh well, I hope that I can at least see him perform by the holidays!

MisStory said...

I didn't even know he was going on tour...Gurl you have to send me that info...